Stone walls are a unique design concept that can be applied in your home. To decorate a home, you’re not limited to only paint, color, shapes, and arrangements of your furniture only. As a matter of fact, you can also use very specific and unique materials to produce a better and more interesting room deco. One of those materials is stone, which looks great on walls.
Why Get Stone Walls
Stone walls are a simple and unique design concept that can be applied to any type of house. All you need is to adjust the color and shape of the space and material. If you want a perfect stone wall for your home, it’s best to preserve the natural color of the stone. You just need to overlay it with varnish to keep the original colors sharp and clean.
The Advantage of Stone Walls
There are several advantages to using stone walls, including:
- Stone wall could bring a unique and natural aura to our home.
- The level of maintenance is very low due to it not being easily soiled. This will come in handy if you have small children.
- Surprisingly, you don’t need to spend a fortune for a nice stone wall. You can easily fit it into your budget since stone walls are priced on a wide range and are readily available wherever you are.
- You can place vines around and in the stone wall to create a more natural and green look. This is especially fitting for outdoor stone walls.
- Stone walls easily match almost any room decor. Of course, this depends on the motif, shape, color, and size of the stone on the wall that you chose, but there’s such a wide variety you’ll certainly find ones that match your style.
The Disadvantage of Stone Walls
Everything has a set of advantages and disadvantages. As we mentioned previously, the stone wall has a lot of advantages. However, there are also have some disadvantages to take into account, including:
- Sometimes dust can build up between stones.
- Some types of stone can be dangerous mainly due to having uneven surface areas. This is a result of the stones being a little rough and potentially pointy, making them generally unsafe for guests and certainly young children.