Unlike the decorations you put up in your homes, it is somewhat necessary for New Year office decorations to be theme-based. You don’t have to throw a party in the office before you decorate; decorations will make your work atmosphere more fun and exciting well into the New Year. For your convenience, we are presenting some interesting office decoration themes for New Year.
So, what are some unforgettable office decoration themes for New Year? Black and white, eco-friendly, golden, and balloon themes are some common and interesting office decoration themes. If you are throwing an office party, you can go further and choose a masquerade ball theme, a starry night theme, or a theme from a popular movie.
Let’s talk more about some of these unforgettable office decoration themes for New Year celebrations.
Office Decoration Themes For New Year Parties
You are allowed to choose any theme you want for New Year decorations, however, in an environment like an office, you should exercise caution when choosing a theme. A perfect decoration theme for New Year should be as inoffensive as possible and at the same time lighten the general mood.
We have selected some wonderful themes that you will find interesting, whether you are planning for an elaborate office, a simple gathering, or just decorating the office for the festive season.
1. Starry Night Theme
This is one of the themes suitable for office New Year parties. It is a very simple theme to create and it fits right into the festive season. Use star lights for the ceiling, hang cut out stars, and paste glow in the dark stars. Make sure your utensils and napkins have the star designs printed on them. Soft lighting is required for this theme to work out well.
2. Balloon-Themed Decoration
This is one of the easiest themes to use. Pump balloons and hang them all around the office with consistency. Confetti balloons that will pop at midnight is a very good idea for New Year’s Eve parties. Prepare a balloon wall also, so people will have a dedicated spot to take pictures. Another good thing about balloon themes is that they are flexible; you can combine them with other themes.
- USES: Balloons are one of the most important ways to celebrate milestones and events, as they're a big, beautiful reminder of what's been accomplished.Your party is amazing! That's why we created jumbo latex Confetti Balloons that are shiny, easy to fill, and last a long time.
- EXCITEMENT: Filled with metallic foil, our balloons come in 12'' sizes to better match your party or personal decor needs. You can also rub them with microfiber to improve the metallic foil static on the insides to show off the brilliant Gold in the middle.
- DURABLE: Our quality build balloons for all occasions are made of latex and support helium or air. Our customers have told us that they were still going strong a week after their party. What excitement when you pop the balloons and all the confetti comes falling down, beautiful for Wedding, Graduation, Birthday Party, Brial Shower, Christmas Decorations, New Year's Eve, etc.
- DETAILS: Great as standalone pieces you attach to chairs, centerpieces for tables, or just floating against the ceiling, men, women, and kids of all ages will love these fun, Gold Confetti balloons! 100 clear latex helium support balloons, plenty to decorate for any occasion!
- IMPORTANT: As the Gold confetti is heavier than the helium, will naturally moves toward the direction of gravity. So, before inflating the balloon, spray a little bit of water into the balloon and rub the confetti with your hands repeatedly to distribute them uniform inside the balloon, so that the moisture helps the pieces of gold confetti stick to the balloon.
Last update on 2020-04-02, Source: Amazon.com
3. Black and White Theme
A black and white theme will require guests to dress in the same colors if there is a party, still, it is a very nice theme for normal office decorations. All your decorations will have to be in this color; it may seem quite boring, however, if you use the right decorations, the theme will come to life.
4. Hollywood Theme
Frankly, a theme like this has more to do with your party activities than decorations. If you choose to go with a Hollywood theme, you can decorate based on a particular movie reference or you can host a red carpet with an elaborate photo session. With a theme like this, you will need to plan a nice cocktail for the workers and guests before the countdown begins.
5. Futuristic Theme
This theme is not very common and decoration ideas are quite limited. However, you can get some outer space and galaxy decorations at the local store or online. If you can, put up some screens and display space documentaries or futuristic movies.
6. Sports Theme
It may seem unlikely, but sports-themed decorations can look really good if they are done carefully. Your decorations will be based on sports equipment like balls, jerseys, bats, and helmets. Get some input from workers regarding what their favorite sports and teams are.
7. New Year Masquerade Ball
A masquerade ball party will bring some mystery and excitement to your New Year’s Eve party. These balls are quite formal, so you should let guests know that they are to dress formal. You can be quite flexible with your decorations; however, features like harlequin designs and theater masks should dominate your decor. If you cannot provide masks for guests, let them know to bring masks with them.
8. Glow Party Theme
This is also known as a black light party theme and they are perfect for New Year’s Eve celebrations. This theme involves the use of some intense lighting effects, so it may not be the best theme for old people. If most of your workers are young enough, you have nothing to fear. Block natural lighting out with black construction paper and put on black bulbs. Use neon materials for additional decoration.
- Includes 400 8” Glow Sticks (4 Tubes of 100) with 400 Bracelet Connectors.
- Long Lasting, 10 – 14 Hours. Multi-Colors.
- Super Value Pack For Glow in the Dark Party. Perfect for Birthday Parties, Party Favors, Camping Trips, Halloween, July 4th, Christmas, Glow Party, Superbowl Party, Concerts, Weddings, School Classroom Rewards, Treasure Box, Carnival Prizes, Pinata Toys, New Years Eve Party, Football Superbowl Party,Bath Tub Fun, Bars and All Other Use!!!
- Child Safe: Non-Toxic, Waterproof and CPSIA Compliant.
- Super Good Value Premium Glowsticks Pack.
Last update on 2020-04-02, Source: Amazon.com
9. Winter Wonderland Theme
There is something very fascinating about the whiteness of Christmas and New Year seasons – even to people who do not experience the snow. A theme like this will look good in your office and you can even leave the decorations all through the festive period. Decorations like fairy lights, ice sculptures, white fabric, and more will bring this theme to life.
10. Eco-Friendly Party
You can use this opportunity to create more awareness about the environment. Use eco-friendly decorations, serve on eco-friendly plates, and cook organic food. However, you should not be so carried away in your decorations that you forget that the essence is for people to have fun.
11. Around-The-World Theme
This is a genius idea if you have workers from various ethnic backgrounds. The New Year is celebrated in different ways across different cultures. Get colleagues to share cultural details with you and try as much as you can to incorporate these various details in your decorations.
12. Decade Party
This is simply decorating and celebrating with a retro theme. To be more accurate with the decorations, you can make references to old movies, books, or you can talk to aged people who have lived through a particular decade. Also, tell your guests to dress in old school clothes and play old school music.
13. Casino Theme
This allows for a friendly New Year’s Eve atmosphere among workers and guests. You don’t have to do an elaborate casino setting; with just a few casino decors, card games, and dice games, you are good to go. Make snacks available for your people to eat as they play and wait for the countdown.
- PACKAGE: 1 CASION balloons banner (6 pieces, each letter is 16 inches in size)，20 latex balloons （8 red, 8 black and 4 white with pictures）, 4pcs aluminum foil balloons (1 red heart foil balloons, 1 red diamond foil balloons, 1 black spade foil balloons, 1 black clubs foil balloons, 20 inches each ), 2pcs metallic tinsel foil fringe curtains（3.2 ft width x 4.9 ft. each，3pcs balloons glues
- HIGH QUALITY: The metallic tinsel foil fringe curtains are made of sturdy materials will hold up to a full day of celebrating and beyond. The metallic tinsel foil fringe curtains are perfect decorations as a photo backdrop for your parties. And the balloons are crafted of durable foil or thick and strong latex
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: the CASION balloons banner, aluminum foil balloons and latex balloons come with straws and balloons glue, very easy to assemble
- PERFECT FOR YOUR PARTY: The party supplies set is the right decorations for your party. Go ahead and let us take care of an exciting and unforgettable casino party decorations for you
- VALUED DECORATIONS: Save time and money by buying all your party decorations as a set rather than having to buy them one by one
Last update on 2020-04-02, Source: Amazon.com
14. Cocktail Party
Regardless of your theme, you need to have champagne for people to pop after the countdown. However, if you are going with a theme like this, you will need more wine for your guests. Set up a decorative bar with beautiful bottles and champagne flutes decorated with ribbons, and let your guests try their hand at cocktails mixing. A champagne tower is another essential feature of this theme.
Planning Your Office New Year’s Eve Party
Just like with any other festive activity, you need to plan for your office New Year’s Eve Party; this will help you avoid stress and make contingency plans.
Here are some stress-free ways you can plan your office new year’s eve party:
- Pick a suitable theme: This is the most basic thing when planning a New Year’s Eve party. As the host, involve some workers in this process, so you can figure out a good theme everyone will be comfortable with.
- Establish the number of guests: You need to know the number of guests you can cater for so that you can determine what your budget for the party will be.
- Send out invitations: This should be done about two weeks before Christmas. The holiday season is usually a busy one for anybody, so you have to get the invites out early for people to plan or adjust their calendar.
- Food and drinks: Are you going to pay a vendor or are you catering yourself? All these questions need to be answered early enough. It may be quite difficult to get a caterer for New Year’s Eve, however, if you start planning early enough, you should be able to get a food caterer.
Office parties are a great way for workers to celebrate New Year’s Eve and bond the more; for this to happen, you need the right environment. These themes discussed above are just some of the wonderful options you can choose from to create an unforgettable experience.