Christmas is right around the corner and many of us are starting to think about the holiday decorations we’re going to put up this year. One of the things you might want to consider is how to decorate a dining room table for Christmas.
So, how do you decorate a dining room table for Christmas? There are many ways on how to set your dining room table to be a little more in tune with the holidays. Whether you go for a festive theme or opt for a simple yet elegant palette, decorating your dining room table is sure to make your Christmas meal extra special.
To help you set up and decorate your dining room table for Christmas, we will give you tips, suggestions, and other possible means to make your Christmas dinner extra memorable.
6 Tips on How to Decorate a Dining Room Table for Christmas
While decorating your dining room table for Christmas isn’t exactly rocket science, it can be quite difficult to decide how you’re going to go about it. Here are some tips you can follow to make your Christmas meal as memorable and special as it can be.
1. Choose What Kind of Theme You Want
Choosing a theme for your dining room table is vital because it will help you determine what pieces you will need for decorating your table for Christmas. A theme will also give you direction when it comes to decorating and give your whole dining room a more polished and organized look.
This includes the color scheme you will use as the basis of your theme. You can go for the traditional Christmas colors of red and green or opt for more toned-down colors such as blue and white for a more winter wonderland look.
Overall, your theme should complement the rest of your house’s decorations and be festive enough for the holidays.
2. Look for Inspiration from Online Sources
When you already have a theme in mind, one thing you can do is check out resources online for inspiration. This can help you visualize what the finished output would look like and allow you to modify it according to your preference.
Looking for inspiration online is also a good place to start if you have no clue on how you want to decorate your dining room table. Doing this will also allow you to check the necessary materials and pieces you need to bring together the Christmas look you want to create.
3. Choose a Centerpiece for Your Table
As the name suggests, the centerpiece will be the main factor, aside from the colors, when it comes to decorating your dining room table for Christmas. The rest of your dining room decoration will revolve around your chosen centerpiece which is why you should choose something that is striking enough but still blends well with your chosen color scheme.
Last update on 2020-09-17, Source: Amazon.com
4. Don’t Overcrowd Your Dining Table with Decorations
Remember, your dining table will also hold the food and drinks along with tableware and silverware, which is why you shouldn’t overcrowd your table with Christmas decorations as this can be too overwhelming.
Aside from your centerpiece, just choose a few key pieces to tie your whole Christmas dining table look together. After all, the decorations are just there to add to the ambiance of your meal, not be the center of attention.
5. Consider the Lighting in Your Dining Room When Choosing Your Decorations
The theme should complement the lighting in your dining room because this could affect the mood you’re trying to set for your Christmas dinner. If your dining room has dimmer lighting, it might be better for you to go for a lighter color scheme as this can make the room feel more spacious and brighter than it actually is.
On the other hand, if your dining room has bright lighting, a darker or warmer color scheme can make the room cozier and more intimate. You can also opt to match your chosen theme to the warmth of your dining room lighting.
6. Consider Personalizing Each Table Setting If You Have a Seating Arrangement
If you have a seating arrangement in mind when you and your family sit down for your Christmas meal, consider making it extra special by personalizing each table setting for each family member. This will make your meal more memorable as this requires you to put more thought and consideration into decorating as opposed to having a uniform placement for everyone.
While following these tips will make decorating your dining room table easier and less of a hassle, the most important tip is to enjoy yourself and your time with your family.
Latest Trends for Decorating Your Dining Room Table for Christmas
Christmas is perhaps one of the easiest holidays to decorate for as there are already certain themes and color schemes that just scream Christmas when you see it, such as the color combination of red and green or the iconic figure of Santa Claus.
However, using the same themes over and over again can end up looking dull, which is why we have put together some of the latest trends in Christmas decorating to help spice up the preparation of your dining room table.
Add Lighting to Your Table Decorations
Aside from sparking the Christmas spirit, adding battery-powered Christmas lights or LED string lights can help create a relaxing ambiance for your delicious Christmas meal.
- [Advantage?] - It has a very nature and beautiful Gold appearance,creating a romantic and luxurious atmosphere.When you receive this candle,you may be surprised.
- [Where to use?]- Perfect table or bedroom,home decor,restaurant,office, hotel,bar,church,wedding party,birthday or any other celebration,children room without fire and toxic smoke danger.
- [Worried?] - Battery operated,absolutely safe to touch,absolutely no fire risk,no flame, no smoke,no wax or burning odor.
- [About the battery?] - Powered by the CR2032 battery and provides up to 100 hours of continuous illumination.Just replace the battery for repeated use.Light color:Yellow flickering.
- [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE?] - LOGUIDE is looking out for your satisfaction. Please contact us through seller messages for all inquires or concerns. If you received broken or defective lights, please contact LOGUIDE Customer Service Team any time, we will compensate you with free replacement or full refund. It's not just a promise, it's a matter of our brand integrity.
Last update on 2020-09-10, Source: Amazon.com
Decorate Your Chairs
Adding certain Christmas elements to the back of your dining chairs can help promote the festive holiday cheer and make your meal more enjoyable.
Use Fresh Fruits as Part of Your Decoration
Not only will it add a certain element of uniqueness to your table decorations, but it can also serve as a healthy alternative to sugary desserts.
Add a Touch of Black
Adding a touch of black to your decorations will give your decorations a cool, modern look and this can be a good contrast against all the cheerful colors associated with the Christmas holidays.
Tie up Your Table Setting with a Piece of Ribbon
Doing so will give your table setting an appearance of a Christmas present, and this can help recall fond memories of opening presents on Christmas day.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Double metallic wired ribbons made of high quality materials which suitable for all your decorating needs never tear or crinkle or unravel
- VARIETY PATTERNS - 6 different patterns for more creativity. Wired classic Glitter ribbon in true Red, Green Poinsettia and metallic gold, Plaid, Wave patterns, Classic and Unique.
- VERSATILE - These ribbons are perfect for Christmas tree decoration, Birthdays, Valentines or Any Other Celebration,craft projects, DIY, holiday gift wrapping and more! The decorative possibilities are endless!
- PACKAGE - 6 Rolls, 2-1/2-inch width ribbon by 6-yard spool each roll, perfect size for bows and adorning projects
- 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - allows you to try the iPEGTOP Ribbons risk-free. If our product does not meet your expectations, return it for 100% refund of your purchase price, no questions asked
Last update on 2020-09-10, Source: Amazon.com
Make Use of Your Existing Bowls and Jars
You don’t have to splurge on new jars or vases for your dining room table Christmas decoration. You can simply incorporate your existing bowls and jars into your chosen theme and create a one-of-a-kind centerpiece for your dining room table.
Plaid, Plaid, Plaid
Adding plaid patterns that complement your chosen color scheme is perfect for tying up your whole Christmas look together. It can be the glue that holds it all. While there are other ways you can spice up your dining room table decorations, these are just some of the ways you can do so.
Why Decorate Your Dining Room Table for Christmas?
Christmas is usually the time when families gather together to celebrate the holiday festivities, with the dining room being the center of it all. As the centerpiece of the room, it’s important to decorate your dining room table, not just because it’s aesthetically pleasing but also because doing so promotes the holiday spirit.
Other reasons to decorate your dining room table for Christmas include:
- The theme you choose for your table setup can determine the whole tone and mood of your whole holiday meal.
- Aside from decorating your Christmas tree, decorating your dining table can be a good bonding experience for you and your family.
- It can also be a way to show off your creativity and unique sense of style.
- A well-decorated dining room table will be a good background for family photos.
- Decorating your dining room table for Christmas is part of the presentation of the meal; it can make it look more appetizing and stimulate the appetites of the whole family.
- The decorations you put up can be a great topic for conversation during the meal.
- It will also make the whole experience more memorable and special.
While decorating your dining room table isn’t really a necessity, doing so will add to the festivities and create a cheerful ambiance in your home, allowing you and your family to make the coming holidays unforgettable.
The Christmas holidays are fast approaching and decorations are starting to go up, encouraging the holiday spirit in all of us. With the dining room being the center stage of all family gatherings common during Christmas, it’s important that you know how to decorate a dining room table for Christmas. Aside from adding to your ambiance, decorations will also make your meal enjoyable and memorable; something you will cherish for years to come.