New Year’s Eve is a time to be grateful for a long year coming to an end and a time to celebrate the possibilities of the upcoming year. To make it possible for you to celebrate in style this season, we have put together some of the most affordable and classy New Year’s Eve decoration ideas.
So, what are some affordable and classy New Year’s Eve decorations? Reusing your Christmas decor, creating a simple and elegant tablescape, and hanging up some inspiring New Year wall decors are great ideas for New Year’s Eve decorations without necessarily having to break the bank. Together with some DIY mantel decors and candles.
Now, let us discuss more of these decorations in detail. Additionally, we will talk about some tips on how you can repurpose Christmas decorations for New Year’s Eve.
Classy and Affordable New Years Eve Decorations
With New Year’s Eve coming shortly after Christmas celebrations, you may wonder if you have to go through the tiring process of redecorating; especially if you plan to have a party.
While you shouldn’t make a complete overhaul of your Christmas decorations, you should include some new decorations that will set the mood for New Year celebrations.
If you’re planning a New Year’s Eve party, you need solid party theme ideas and decoration ideas. This is why have compiled some classy, interesting, and affordable decorations ideas for you to choose from this festive season.
1. Create an Elegant Tablescape
A nice tablescape will fit right into your New Year’s Eve decoration, whether you are throwing a party or planning a simple dinner. Before you start with decorations, you should have a theme in mind that will guide all your decorative efforts. With your theme and color scheme in mind, decorate your table with homemade ornaments, candles, and flowers. All these do not cost much and you can use some ornaments from your Christmas tree.
2. Decorate with Clocks
Clocks are essential features of the New Year celebration and you should find a way to incorporate them into your decoration. Get clocks that come with festive designs at your local store or you can get them online. They will look good on your mantle and walls as long as they fit into your decorative theme. Another reason why you should have clocks as part of your decoration is because of the New Year countdown.
3. Light Candles
Lighted candles are perfect for almost any kind of celebration and just as they are a perfect Christmas decoration idea, they can also have a huge decorative effect on New Year’s Eve. Candles are quite affordable and they come in different colors and styles, so you should find it easy to get some affordable ones that will go along well with your decorating theme.
4. Glittery Wreaths
If you’ve used wreaths as part of your Christmas decorations, you shouldn’t take them down. Give them a new touch by adding some glittery stars and other fitting ornaments to give them that New Year shine. Reusing holiday decor is one of the ways you can save time and money; any decorative feature that you believe will fit your New Year’s Eve theme should not be taken down after Christmas.
- Christmas Decoration Balls are made of high quality plastic and sophisticated electroplating technology, and all of those are done in 3 special finishes: shiny, matter and glitter.
- Material: plastic and glitter. Environmental protection material. Dimensions: 6.9’’(17.5cm) in diameter of the wreath, and the ball’s diameter vary from 1.2’’(3cm) to 2’’(5cm).
- There are 7 different kinds colorful decorative balls provide for you to build your collection quickly and decorate with more possibilities. All of those Christmas ball wreath are consist of 55 small shiny balls
- These wreath Christmas tree balls are combine the beauty and luster. The compact design of this wreath makes it perfect for easy storage after the holidays.
- Great addition to your Christmas and holiday decoration. Perfect home and commerical decor for a variegated display of Christmas, wedding, engagement, anniversary, party, as hanging ornaments on tree branches, around banister, etc.
Last update on 2020-09-13, Source: Amazon.com
5. Banners with New Year Themes
You can buy banners with new year themes and quotes at your local stores – they should have some available during this festive period – or you can make some banners at home. They are really easy to make, and you can use any of a wide range of materials; from cardboard to soft fabrics. If you can’t trust yourself to write beautifully, you can cut stencils and use them to paint on your banners.
6. Set up a Small Bar
If you are throwing a party on New Year’s Eve, then you should set up a small bar. Apart from making drinks available for your guests, the sparkling bottles and cocktail glasses will have a wonderful decorative effect on your interior setting. More so if you use carefully pick out glasses and bottles that compliment your decorating theme and colors. For a more profound effect, you can use some Christmas ornaments and flowers to decorate your minibar.
7. Confetti Balloons
What’s a New Year’s Eve party without balloons? Get large balloons and decorate them with confetti. At the end of the countdown at midnight, have your guests and family members pop the balloons; this will send all the confetti flying into the air and create a wonderful New Year feeling.
- 16 COUNT 18-INCH BALLOONS - Bouquet transparent balloons made with 100% high-quality biodegradable durable natural latex! Inflate with air or helium!
- PRE-FILLED CONFETTI - Don't fuss with stuffing your own confetti! Easy your mind with these mess-free pre-filled balloons!
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS - Each balloon comes with 5gram of 2.5cm/1in diameter assortment of brightly colored confetti!
- FOR ALL OCCASIONS - Celebrate with your loved ones with these beautiful romantic balloons! Decorate your weddings, engagements, birthdays, holidays, Christmas parties, graduations, baby showers, photoshoots, bridal parties, bachelorettes, and sweet 16!
- INSTRUCTIONS - For best results, stretch balloon before inflating. Inflate to a minimum height of 16-inches. Rub inflated balloon against hair, carpet, or wool. Move balloon around when rubbing!
Last update on 2020-09-13, Source: Amazon.com
8. Light a Fire
If you have a fireplace, clean it and get it ready for New Year’s Eve. However, if you don’t have a fireplace, you can stick to just lighting candles. Get the fire roaring as night approaches and keep it going till well past midnight – at least until the party’s over.
9. DIY Paper Stars
Ready-made paper star medallions are also not expensive, however, if you have leftover wrapping paper from Christmas, you can easily make some stars yourself. They have no significant cost implication and they are quite classy. Another interesting thing about paper star medallions is that they can go up anywhere; you can hang them on your walls, from your ceilings, and even on your stairs.
10. Fringe Garlands
Using garlands as part of your New Year’s Eve decorations will have the same classy effect they have in your Christmas decorations. The interesting thing is that they can be made from almost anything. In this case, use metallic tissue paper cut into strips so that you can get that shiny effect and hang them on your walls as part of your decorations.
- Perfect for parade floats, decorate wall skirt, decorate ceiling, use to run along the top of a backdrop or as table skirt
- Premium Quality: A line is sewn at the back of the banner, which makes the product more sturdy when it is hung up.
- Easy to Install: Each metallic fringe garland comes with self-adhesive tape on the top for easy attachment to your wall or table.
- Functional: Metallic gave a good presentation. The garland is very reflective and makes it look gleaming and very attractive. Great party decoration.
- Package Includes: Come with 3 Pack Gold garlands. Each garland is 15Inch high x 10 foot long rolls and can easily be cut into any size.
Last update on 2020-09-13, Source: Amazon.com
How You Can Repurpose Christmas Decorations for New Year’s Eve Decorations
When it comes to decorating for New Year’s Eve, there are three different options you have; you can choose to remove all your Christmas decorations, you can keep all your Christmas decorations through New Year’s Eve, or you can repurpose the existing decorations to fit your New Year’s Eve theme.
Ultimately, it depends on personal preference, but repurposing the Christmas decoration takes very little effort and doesn’t cost much. Here are some tips on how you can go about it:
- Use Christmas tree ornaments: Once Christmas is over, remove the ornaments from your tree and use them to pursue some of the decoration ideas discussed above.
- Use leftover wrapping paper: You’re bound to have some wrapping paper left after Christmas and some nice decorations can be made from them. Confetti can be made from wrapping paper and you can also make paper star medallions from them.
- Replace the red features: Christmas decorations typically include a lot of red features. By simply replacing these red decorative features with other colors, you can create a whole different decorative effect. However, try as much as you can to keep the greenery.
- Make garlands from leftover materials: You can always make attractive New Year’s Eve garlands from leftover Christmas decoration materials like ribbons, wrapping paper, and metallic tissue paper.
It is really easy to get carried away and lose sight of the more important things during festive periods. Try as much as you can to make the best of your Christmas decorations when preparing for Christmas Eve celebrations; you will find the process easier and you won’t have to spend much. We hope these tips and ideas we have discussed will help you this festive season.