Choosing a lamp for dining room lighting is easy if you know what to look for. Lighting can take a huge part of your decorating theme, so it’s important to consider your options before buying anything. This is especially important for dining room lighting as you’ll spend quality time there.
One thing you must remember is that your dining room lighting must be a centerpiece and to be a point of interest that will attract one’s eyes.
Chandeliers are arguably the most beautiful dining room lighting out there. It’ll look great and make the area alive in a snap.
Choosing a chandelier will surely attract the eyes. Chandeliers give a soft, dimmed effect while also giving a candlelight effect. There are many chandeliers or pendant lamps out there with different models and shapes. However, before you buy any you want to check the dimension of your dining table. A chandelier should not be bigger than your table.
Once you know the dimension of your table, mark the dimensions 6” narrower so you can discover a perfect width for your chandelier.
Track Dining Room Lighting
Track lighting in a dinning room can create an ambient environment and calming mood. You can install 4 rows of down-lights that will spread the light around the table as well as provide sufficient light to your tableware.
Here are some quick tips on properly lighting your dining room:
- Dining room lighting plays an integral role in how your dining room design is perceived. Choosing the right design for your room’s mood is key
- Check the dimensions well before installing any lighting fixtures. Putting a chandelier or recessed lamp too high will only make your place look bad.
- Your dining room lighting is a reflection of your personality. Express your style.
- The best wattage for a chandelier is considered to be 200-400 watts. You can add down-lights together with a chandelier to have additional light on the table if necessary.
- Finally, make your dining room as comfortable of an area as possible without using too many lights.