Rug or carpet is a textile floor covering which made from various material and style. Few country are known as the producer of carpet or rug, such as Persian, Pakistan, India (Kashmir and Jaipur), Turkey, Europe, Spain, China and many other country which have their own carpet’s style. Few rugs classification also available, this classification is defied from the style and the material, such as Woven, Needle felt, Knotted, Tufted, and others.
Well done, this is not a new topic to discuss here, before we was discuss about modern rugs and ethnic rugs in separated pages. But now I want to discuss this both style together at this page, start from the different concept, design, material, etc. Let’s we start from now.
- The colors are so varied and the combination between one and the other colors more diverse.
- The shape is so various, before the basically shape of it is square, rounded and oval, but here you can found a lot of shape such as abstract, animal, flower, and many other shape available.
- The rug’s treatment or processing, maximum are using machine.
- The material use is near about same with the ethnic style. The material is so varied such as wool and a man-made fiber such as polypropylene, nylon or polyester and usually consists of twisted tufts.
- The motif is more colorful, such as abstract, flower motif, animals, square, polka dot, and many other motifs available.
– Ethnic rug Color has less modern carpet. Maximum color used is red, maroon and few soft and dark colors are applied (very less they are using bright colors).
– The shape variation also less than modern style. Ethnic rug has standard shape, such as square, rounded, and oval.
– The treatment or processing: almost of ethnic rug processed with handmade method, but now they also start using machine.
– The material of ethnic rug quite varied, such as wool, polypropylene, nylon or polyester and usually consists of twisted tufts.
– And of course the motif is so ethnic.