Do you know that finding the right stool for your kitchen is the toughest challenges? Prove me wrong if you don’t believe me.
Let me tell you why, before spending your bucks, you must consider the followings to get everything right:
1. The stools height
2. Stool’s Material
3. Has back or upholstered
4. Does your stool should be the same style with the chair or not
Now you start to understand. Every point has cost to spend and never ask me about it as it will depend on your criteria but now let us clarify those points one by one.
The Height of Your Kitchen Stools
Whether you are tall or not, try to choose the ideal height for your kitchen stool. Don’t choose too high or even too short. Hereunder is the ideal kitchen stools height based on stool type:
- The ideal height for kitchen stools is about 18” from the floor to seat. Pair with a counter 28”-30” in height.
- Counter kitchen stools height is 24” – 26” from floor to seat. Pair with a counter 36”-39” in height.
- Bar Stool heights generally 28”-30” from floor to seat. Pair with a counter 40”-42” in height.
From the above example, you will notice that different kitchen stools heights will have different height from seat to counter. Easily you can add 9”-13” more between the seat and the counter to have comfortable seating.
Kitchen Stools Material
This is optional. You can choose metal, wood, or combination between wood and metal. Of course, kitchen stool that made from metal will be easier to clean up compare to wood. However in art point of view, wooden kitchen stools give different taste and looking more classics. Choose the material that suits you regardless the price.
Having Back or Upholstered Stool
Well, is this the idea? Not at all. Let me make myself clear. Choosing backless stool or broad-backed kitchen stools is depending on your room area. If your room is small enough, choosing a backless stool is the right option to go. It will make the area more spacious. Have you got the idea now? In vice versa, if you want something more lounge worthy, then choose a broad backed kitchen stools with deep seating.
Matching with Kitchen Style
Look at the floor, wall, counter, also the cabinet than decide the stool’s style and color. You are freely to decide, either you will make it the same the color or you prefer a contrast color. I think this is the easiest part to do.
Arrangement… Arrangement… Arrangement!
After struggling for the above points, now the most essential part is the kitchen stools arrangement. I don’t like a “busy” decorating. Let your grandma easily pass the corridor. So, I will tell you how.
Certainly, before sliding your credit card in the store, you must determine how many stools your room is really need. So that your body and hands are freely move while you and your family eating together.
You must know the arrangement rules:
- If the widest part of your stool is 16”-18” than you can have 21”-22” of space per stool.
- If the widest part of your stool is 19”-22” than you can have 24”-25” of space per stool.
- If your stool is swivel or has arms, add a bit more space between stools.