Living in an apartment is a challenge most of us, we always thinks that it is too small for the families to live in and it will never looks tidy because it only has limited space for storage. However, we have a solution for your apartment living room design in order to make it seems larger.
- Use light colors on the walls and floor. Soft color can make a room looks brighter and bigger.
- Add a shimmery lamp, light fixture, or object will reflect the light and makes the room brighter
- Store your stuff vertically; it is the best way to save up space. You can install shelves on the walls, or use a bookshelves rather than a desk. It is good if you have a bookshelf that reaches the ceiling because it will provides you more space
- Think twice about the unused spaces like for example the corner of the room; you may squeeze in a small cozy chair to give an extra accent for the room
- Match the color of the curtain with your wall so that it will create an unbroken line, making the apartment living room feels larger. It is suggested that you use a curtain with a vertical line for the pattern as it will make the low ceiling feel higher
- Rather use a dual-purpose furniture, you can use your bookshelves not only for the books but you can also place a souvenir or telephone or as a storage so that it will save up some space for your belongings
- Pull your furniture away from the walls a little, give some space between them and the walls as it will creates a more open feeling and it will also protect the wall from scratches created by the furniture.
The average apartment won’t give you too much space; however it is important for you to reveal a welcoming atmosphere so that the families or the guest feels relaxed. Some creativity may allow you to come up with great ideas of apartment living room design no matter how small it is and even though you don’t have too much savings.