Canister vacuums are very popular. Primarily because of the adaptability of the hose and attachments and that it can clean areas that an upright vacuum can’t. Here are a few of the best canister vacuums.
Miele Complete C3 Alize
Price: Around $650
Includes: 3D bumper, dusting brush, crevice nozzle, and upholstery tool
Filtration: Yes, Hepa Air Clean filter
Weight: 19.4 pounds
Dimensions: 19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 inches
Best vacuum for: Low pile carpet
- Miele is a German made vacuum with an operating radius of 36 feet. It has convenient foot pedals for operator ease.
It automatically changes height depending on the surface, it is cleaning. Recommended surfaces are hard floors and low carpets
- This vacuum does have a bag that will need to be purchased in addition to the vacuum. The filtering happens in the bag.
- This is the most basic model yet, it has the highest reviews of all the vacuums listed. Reviews support that the vacuum does best on hard floors or low pile carpet. The Reviews also applaud the vacuum’s ability to move from hard floors to carpet and note how quiet it is.
- People who have purchased this vacuum also appreciate the style and look of the vacuum.
1233 Bissell C4 Cyclonic Canister Vacuum – Check The Product
Price: Under $300 on Amazon.com
Includes: Upholstery tool, wand and dusting tools
Filtration: Yes, multi level
Weight: 14.8 pounds
Dimensions: 19.9 x 12.3 x 14.7 inches
Warranty: 5 year, limited
- The Bissell C4 Cyclonic, 1233 Canister Vacuum boasts that it is lightweight and easy to use. All of the tools are interchangeable and can be changed out easily, with the one-click technology. The extendable wand and hose connect to 10-feet of cleaning radius.
- The cord is 23 feet long and has an automatic cord rewind. The dirt tank is easily emptied and you don’t even have to touch the dirt.
- This vacuum has controls at your fingertips to change the power rolling brush from hard floors to carpet and back with a touch of a button.
- This canister vacuum is great for cleaning upholstery, drapes, car interiors, stairs and of course, carpet and hard floors.
- Reviewers state that the vacuum is much quieter than expected, had great suction, and was easy to use. The most common negative remark is that it can be bulky and difficult to move around the house.
Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum-Corded
Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum-Corded – Check The Product Now
Price: Under $150 on Amazon.com
Includes: Hard floor tools, non-marking rubber wheels,
Filtration: Yes, internal paper filter
Weight: 9.1 pounds
Dimensions: 10.7 x 13.2 x 8.7 inches
Warranty: 1 year, limited
- The Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Corded Vacuum can be used on both carpet and hard floors but has a specialized hard floor tool. The hard floor tool is made of softer brushes so that it is not so hard on hard floors.
- The Bissell has the easy empty canister and one touch controls to change from carpet to area rugs and back.
This canister vacuum is great for cleaning upholstery, drapes, car interiors, stairs and of course, low carpet and hardwood floors.
- Reviewers advise to clean the vacuum (it comes apart easily) and keep hoses clear for the best suction. Highly praised for use on animal hair.
Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum
Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum – Check the Product Now
Price: $382 on Amazon.com
Includes: No attachments included
Weight: 12.1 pounds
Dimensions: 15.7 x 10.3 x 19.9 inches
Warranty: 5 year, limited
- Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum boasts efficiency so advanced that they don’t even need a filter. The spinning turbines spin so many times and so fast that they separate the dirt particles that cause other vacuums to lose suction.
- The same spinning bristles that makes this vacuum filter-less, also makes it ideal for pet hair.
- The canister is very easy to empty and does not require you to touch the dirt.
- Reviewers are very pleased with the suction and the ease with which you can maneuver the vacuum. However, the biggest complaint is how small the dirt canister is. Overall, reviewers say that this vacuum is worth the price.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Canister (NR96)
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Canister – Check the Product Now
Price: Under $250 on Amazon.com
Includes: small pet power brush, dusting brush, 5-inch crevice tool, straight suction nozzle
Filtration: Anti Allergen Seal
Weight: 10 lbs
Dimensions: 14.37 x 32.68 x 16.34 in
Warranty: 7 year, limited
- The Shark Lift Away is the only vacuum that can be used as a canister vacuum that you pull around the house and can also be lifted and carried. The nozzle is easy to maneuver and the bristles are ideal for carpet.
- This vacuum never loses suction and has manual controls on the handle for easy suction control.
- The Shark has “Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology” which claims to trap almost 100% of allergens and dust.
- Reviews state that this vacuum is very quiet and as long as you maintain it, it keeps its strong suction. Others claim it is easy to use and can be used on any household item that needs to be vacuumed. It is noted that the vacuum is light and easy to maneuver and has a large dirt canister.
- If you have pets, hard floors or need a lighter vacuum, it is important to look around to see which is the best canister vacuum for your needs. There are also other things to consider like warranties, size and accessories. When choosing the best canister vacuum for you, don’t forget to check the reviews.