A breakfast nook is, actually, a small space surrounding a kitchen, where people sit for casual dining. The Seats and tables are installed in the floor. In some kitchens, a small space for casual morning or afternoon or evening dining is considered as a breakfast nook.
A breakfast nook area is sufficient for four to six diners or sometimes for only two. There is another big dining room other than the breakfast nook in many homes for large families. A separate dining room is best for these large families to dine together. But, sometimes, only the children or the youngsters of the family are there for the breakfast. A breakfast nook is the perfect place to serve them.
There is a wide range of styles for the breakfast nooks, these days. The thing is to select the top notch seating out of them. A little effort can change the overall look and feel of your home. If you are searching for getting the best breakfast nook, you should keep the following aspects in your mind:
- A breakfast nook surrounded by windows gives a nice and pleasant view to the seated persons, if it is gardened, accordingly.
- If there are no windows, there should be a convenient extra space for serving. Such nooks are good for two persons’ home.
- If you want to create an elegant space for your breakfast nook, the best possible will be to design a diner-like booth with vinyl benches and a Formica table.
- Measure your nook space, carefully. Choose a suitable furniture. There are a plenty of designs available. This is because overly large furniture in a small space will look odd.
- Before designing the breakfast nook, keep in mind, who has to use it? If kids are to feed there, then an informal style will be preferable. It is easy to keep clean. And if it is the main dining space for a newly married couple, you can give an additional decorative look.
- The chairs are better suited than a bench.
A breakfast nook is not always essential to have in a house. If you have a small house, a formal dining room is enough for seating. For making a comfortable nook in a large house, a good selection of curtains and some candle lights also give a soothing feeling. Some artwork in frames brings a brilliant change in your breakfast nook.