Hot Tub, Jacuzzi, Bathtub… do you see the differences?
Hot Tub is not a tub that placed on the fire, Jacuzzi is not a name of an Italian restaurant and bathtub is the place where you and your “ducks’ toys” share the happiness.
Jacuzzi is only the brand name of it, however, in fact Jacuzzi is the one that introduced the hot tub idea.
Unlike bathtub, hot tub is a recreational stuff for our home interior or we are not necessarily has one at our house.
However, hot tub is great for hydrotherapy massage that widely uses at spas. Jacuzzi or hot tub is great for body refreshment, releasing stress; skin rejuvenated, back problems and other benefits that related to body health. All of them can be solved by hot tub.
Buying hot tub is not as simple as when we buy a bathtub. This equipment is operated by electric up to thousands watts and it works with water. It could be dreadful if we don’t know how to deal with it.
As general guide, these are some points that we must know before bringing home the hot-tub.
- Ask the seller about the electric panel availability. Electric panel is very important for safety reason to avoid unnecessary incident cause by the high voltage.
- Piping. Hot tub is usually uses elastic pipe. Some experts say that using elastic pipe for Jacuzzi is not recommended as it doesn’t fulfill the safety standard requirements and it is not good for human health.
- Bathtub. There are varied types and materials of it. The safest materials are fiberglass, acrylic, marble, onyx or concrete. It is not recommended to use plastic material or ordinary wall since hot tub needs certain degree of heat when it is operated.
- Hot tub must have water heater. The size of water heater depends on the people quantity. For 2 – 3 people, the proper capacity of water heater is 50 liters. If less, the hot tub will not work at maximum it should be.
- Filter. The function is to filter any germs or small insects in the water.